What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- any additional information about you that you provide to us, including through your use of our venues, our website, our online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect personal information either directly from you, or from third parties, including when you:
- make a reservation at one of our venues, either over the phone or through an online booking form (which may be hosted by a third party);
- register on our website;
- leave a business card at a venue;
- redeem an offer at a venue;
- attend a function at one of our venues and consent to your photograph being taken;
- enter into a competition run with one of our partner advertisers;
- communicate with us through correspondence, telephone calls, or email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, online services or websites; or
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase of our business.
- In addition, when you apply for a job or position with us, we may collect certain information from you (including your name, contact details, working history and relevant records checks) from:
- any recruitment consultant;
- your previous employers; and
- others who may be able to provide information to us to assist in our decision on whether to make you an offer of employment or engage you under a contract.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
Our handling of your personal information will vary depending upon how you engage with us. We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to make a reservation or booking at a venue;
- to provide you with our goods and services at a venue;
- to respond to your enquiry or otherwise send you information which you request;
- to allow you to register to use one of our websites;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners;
- to administer competitions or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to consider your employment application.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests.
Our use of your information
Generally, information which you give to us is used to provide you with a product or service which you have requested from us. We will not use your information to market to you unless we have your implied or express consent. For example, if you enquired about our venues or entered a promotion in relation to our venues or products, we may infer your consent to receive marketing materials about those venues and services, or other venues and services which we think you may be interested in. If you receive electronic communications from us, we will always provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving further information from us by emailing.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including booking websites in connection with providing our services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
How do we hold your personal information?
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use several physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example:
Access to your personal information is restricted to our existing agents, business partners and service providers with authorised credentials
Copies of correspondence sent from the web site, that may contain personal information, are stored as archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes only and accessible only by authorised existing agents, business partners and service providers
However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Using our website and cookies
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
How can you access or correct your personal information?
You can access the personal information we hold about you by emailing us. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
How do you make a complaint?
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us by emailing us. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website, available here.